...or should I say lack of them. I have tried for many, many moons to keep journals, diaries, notebooks, blogs...you name it. And I have never, ever gotten past about 1 months worth of thoughts written to paper. I'm horrible at it. So here I am, starting a business blog because everyone suggest that I need one to show the personal side of me. And I totally agree! So, the question is...Will this be one New Year's resolution that I actually keep? (Ok, yeah, I know, it's April and I'm now just getting this going.) I'm going to try really, really hard (as my 4 year old would tell me).
A few things about myself...My name is Lori Piedra. I am married to my best friend and supervisor (we met on the job) and have 2 great kids: Alex, 4 years, and Andy, 3 years. I work part time as the head of Equine Operations and vet technician for Golden Eagle Farm and have been doing so since 2001. My hubby is the stallion manager here and has been working for the farm for 25 years. I started doing photography by taking all our photos here on the farm...mainly the stallion photos and our sales yearlings. I started getting asked to do outside jobs and so my business began!
Since this is my first/second post, you'll get to the bottom of the page quickly and notice the widgets there. Let me explain. The first one is the countdown for the World Cup. Now, I like futbol (as my husband, who is from Mexico calls it) but this countdown is not about "Hooray, it's almost time for the World Cup!" This is a countdown to when I become a "Futbol Widow." I loose my husband for a few weeks. He will be up at 2am to watch Mexico play, be missing at work to watch Mexico play, and will pretty much check out of life...to watch Mexico play.
The second widget is of very beautiful lightening pictures. I put them here because it is something you will never, ever see from me. I am TERRIFIED of lightening. The only place I feel somewhat safe is in a vehicle. During bad storms you'll find me in the fetal position under my desk. And forget about me ever going outside if I even hear thunder. Because thunder means that lightening could be close and it will find me.
So there's a little about myself. I hope you enjoy the pictures and hope that one day we'll meet. Take care!
~ Lori
No comments:
Post a Comment